What is this?

Hi! My name is Ulrik, and this is my student blog. My posts will be based on tasks and subjects given to the class by my English teacher Ann. I am currently in my third year at Sandvika High School, Norway.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Tempest

Today, while sitting in front of my computer screen, I was listening to Bob Dylan's new album Tempest on Spotify. I am a big fan of Dylan, but I didn't know about this album until today. I guess that doesn't matter since it was released yesterday, on September the 8th. While listening to the album, I thought about writing a short post about it, which I did.

Tempest, by Bob Dylan

The first song on Tempest is called Duquesne Whistle. The intro to this song gave a sort of "Hawaiian" feeling, which I guess is the point. Anyway, like all the other songs on the album, it did not disappoint at all.
 Bob Dylan's texts are as always good, and even though he's getting older, his voice still got what only Bob Dylan's voice got. These songs are a bit more slow, and "elderly" than his previous songs, but I believe that's a good thing. They got great rhythm, and they makes you want to keep listening. The songs are absolutely beautiful, and I will be listening to them for a long time. My favorite song on the album must be Tin Angel. Exactly why I don't know, but I do love it. I do recommend this album to every Bob Dylan fan, but also to everyone who likes something bit slow, and awesome!

Here's a link to the first song on the album, Duquesne Whistle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vANZ-GGaOC0&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment