What is this?

Hi! My name is Ulrik, and this is my student blog. My posts will be based on tasks and subjects given to the class by my English teacher Ann. I am currently in my third year at Sandvika High School, Norway.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Using blogs as a way of learning English

Most of the posts i have written on the blog, I have written as a task given by our teacher in class. I think it's working out great, and it's a excellent idea to use blogs in class. Our teacher has asked some questions about how we feel about this way of working:


  • you think there is more pressure on how you perform/write when you use blogs instead of writing a paper for the teacher only?
  • Do you think the use of blogs reduces the difference between your work at school and your everyday life? 

Personally I find writing on the blog much more "relaxing" so to say. I feel much more pressure when I am writing for the teachers eyes only. I don't know exactly why that's the case, but somehow, writing for a wider audience makes it easier to write. Maybe it's because the texts are red by more people, therefore making it more meaningful to write them. It's more inspiring to write, when there is a bigger audience.
The second question I find quite interesting. Yes, I think that the difference between homework and schoolwork is being more neutralized by using blogs. However, when writing about something interesting, i might forget that the teacher will read it, and forget to check my spelling. This is probably good though, it makes a more correct image of how I use my English on a daily basis. I believe that using blogs for teaching is great for the teacher, so he/she gets to see how the students English truly is, especially if the students write posts voluntarily. For the students, it's a (probably) new way of working, and a fun way of working.    

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like writing on your blog. I certainly enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete