What is this?

Hi! My name is Ulrik, and this is my student blog. My posts will be based on tasks and subjects given to the class by my English teacher Ann. I am currently in my third year at Sandvika High School, Norway.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Butterfly Circus

In our class this week we watched this: http://thebutterflycircus.com/short-film/ short film, created byJoshua Weigel andRebekah Weigel. The movie tells the story of a traveling circus, led by circus director Mendez, in the US, during the hard 1930s. When stopping by another circus' carnival, they meet a man with no limbs, named Will(played by Nick Vujicic). He his the main attraction, presented at a freak. After meeting Mendez, Will decides to leave the show, and join Mendez. However, Mendez does not want him to perform as a freak, but as himself. By accident, Will learns how to swim, and this becomes part of his new act where he jumps from a pole, down into a water tank.


The point of this movie, is to show that all people deserves a chance. Will's life probably got saved by Mendez and his circus. Instead of being laughed at, he got to do something that made people look up to him. He was no longer a freak, but a talent. This is something that's often forgotten in our society. All people are the same, and everyone should be given a chance, 

1 comment:

  1. Yes I agree, everyone deserves a chance. We tend to focus on what we can't do instead of what we can do. I think that is important to think about!

    ReplyDelete